Learning & Development Assistant
Salary: £30,000-£35,000 depending on experience
Hours: Mon-Fri, 8.30am-6pm
Job Type: Full-time
As Learning & Development Assistant you will play a critical role in ensuring that the Company has the right talent in place to support its continual growth. This is through proactive recruitment and training initiatives. The role will also provide ongoing support to the Sales function, in particular, to ensure best practice and compliance.
Role and responsibilities
- Assist on all recruitment activity and support the business in other recruitment activity, as required. This includes but is not limited to creating and posting adverts, shortlisting, arranging interviews, interviewing (phone and face-to-face) and any related follow up.
- Introduce and promote our company ethos: “Driven To Deliver”
- Conduct Sales Induction Training for all new sales starts and liaise with Sales Managers to provide ongoing support to improve retention rates.
- Create and deliver new training initiatives to the Sales force as needed.
- Support managers with creating role profiles for new or existing positions.
- Lead on Sales compliance such as facilitating training for all insured products. Monitor and follow up as required.
- Liaise with external companies to ensure that our Sales force remains up to date on compliance and training matters. Attend meetings as required.
- Work with management and HR department to support performance management and management development activity.
- Take pride and responsibility for your own appearance as well as the appearance and organisation of the site in which you work
- Complete paperwork tasks efficiently and in a timely manner
- Communicate clearly, proactively and professionally to customers, management and colleagues alike and treat everyone with respect
- Consider the benefits / costs / risks of your actions. Make constructive suggestions for reducing waste / inefficiency or improving quality, by identifying and utilising the most cost / time efficient ways of doing things.
- Any other duties commensurate with the grade and level of responsibility of this post, for which the post holder has the necessary experience and/or training
- Adhere to Company Policies, Procedures and Codes of Conduct
- A well-presented, confident individual who is comfortable communicating to a diverse base
- Good communicative skills (oral and written)
- Be an example and leader in exceptional customer service skills/a positive attitude to customer care
- Strong organisational skills
- Recognise how their behaviour and actions affect their performance with customers/colleagues. Is open to feedback and self-development opportunities to improve personal and team performance.
- Honesty and integrity
- Demonstrates a flexible approach to work that is focused on “getting the job done”
- Acts proactively to add value and follows up to ensure problems remain solved.
- Team player
- Effective time management and flexibility in working patterns needed
- Literate, numerate and proficient computer skills
- Full driving licence