Location: West Malling/Blue Bell Hill
Salary: Up to £25,000 pa dependent on skills and experience
Hours: Full-time rota (5 days a week) to include weekend working
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
The Company is undergoing an exciting period of growth so there is likely to be a requirement to work at other sites within the coming months. All sites are within a local area of Kent.
We are currently recruiting for a Vehicle Inspectors to join our successful team based at our West Malling and Blue Bell Hill sites.
This role will be expected to support the Part-Exchange/Disposals Manager to ensure the efficient running of this team and provide accurate appraisals and pricing for vehicles.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- To accurately and efficiently appraise a vehicle, being able to spot all forms of damage from dents and scratches to previous poor paint repair work.
- Run HPI checks on vehicles to ensure they are not insurance losses and have the correct number of owners etc
- Ensure all service history is present and correct
- Ensure that there is no mileage discrepancy on VOSA or service history
- Road test all vehicles to ensure road worthiness
- To work alongside the Sales Managers and provide information regarding the vehicle that has been appraised
- Communicate effectively and professionally with customers when appraising their part-exchange vehicle and provide feedback regarding damage and other factors which may affect the price
- Assist the Yard and Sales teams as required
- Proactively communicate and liaise with the Handover and Yard teams regarding vehicles going to auction
- An understanding of pricing vehicles within a supermarket marketplace
- Basic mechanical knowledge would be an advantage
- Technical vehicle inspection knowledge (essential)
- Knowledge of vehicle derivatives (essential)
- A well-presented, confident individual who is comfortable communicating to a diverse customer base
- Good communicative skills (oral and written)
- Exceptional customer service skills/a positive attitude to customer care
- Strong organisational skills
- Recognise how their behaviour and actions affect their performance with customers/colleagues. Is open to feedback and self-development opportunities to improve personal and team performance.
- Honesty and integrity
- Demonstrates a flexible approach to work that is focused on “getting the job done”
- Acts proactively to add value and follows up to ensure problems remain solved.
- Team player
- Effective time management and flexibility in working patterns needed
- Literate, numerate and proficient computer skills
- Full, valid driving licence
Ideally, we are looking for someone with previous experience in a similar role or within the sector, however full training will be given. Applicants must be able to demonstrate the essential knowledge as listed above.
How to Apply:
Apply by uploading your CV below ensuring you include all your contact details including mobile telephone number and email. Should you not have been contacted within 5 days, you can assume on this occasion you have been unsuccessful, however we may contact you at a later date with similar automotive jobs and opportunities.