Vehicle Inspector (PX)
Salary: Up to £25,000 pa dependent on skills and experience
Hours: Full-time rota (5 days a week) to include weekend working
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
*Proud to be awarded Car Supermarket of the year 2018 at the Car Dealer Awards*
Building on our recent, hugely successful expansion in Kent & London, BIG Motoring World is now opening a brand new 600 Car Supermarket just off Junction 25 of the M25! Come and join our team at the UK’s fastest-growing Car Supermarket!
We are recruiting for a Vehicle Inspector to join our Part Exchange department at our brand new site in Enfield. This role will be expected to support the Part-Exchange/Disposals Manager to ensure the efficient running of this team and provide accurate appraisals and pricing for vehicles.
Role and responsibilities
- To accurately and efficiently appraise a vehicle, being able to spot all forms of damage from dents and scratches to previous poor paint repair work.
- Run HPI checks on vehicles to ensure they are not insurance losses and have the correct number of owners etc
- Ensure all service history is present and correct
- Ensure that there is no mileage discrepancy on VOSA or service history
- Road test all vehicles to ensure road worthiness
- To work alongside the Sales Managers and provide information regarding the vehicle that has been appraised
- Communicate effectively and professionally with customers when appraising their part-exchange vehicle and provide feedback regarding damage and other factors which may affect the price
- Assist the Yard and Sales teams as required
- Proactively communicate and liaise with the Handover and Yard teams regarding vehicles going to auction
- An understanding of pricing vehicles within a supermarket marketplace
- Basic mechanical knowledge would be an advantage
- Technical vehicle inspection knowledge (essential)
- Knowledge of vehicle derivatives (essential)
- A well-presented, confident individual who is comfortable communicating to a diverse customer base couple with exceptional customer service skills/a positive attitude to customer care
- Good communicative skills (oral and written)
- Strong organisational skills
- Honesty and integrity
- Demonstrates a flexible approach to work that is focused on “getting the job done”
- Team player
- Literate, numerate and proficient computer skills
- Must have a valid, clean, full UK licence (Essential)
How to Apply
Apply by completing our Application Form below. Please ensure that you clearly state all your contact details including mobile telephone number and email.